Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Wedding?

One of my brides recently asked me about doing her wedding on a Friday. I advised against it for a number of reasons... the biggest of which is the fact that everything is already booked for the Saturday - and when weighing the pros and cons it wouldn't be worth it to switch.

But don't worry, my advice was in the couple's best interest, I promise - I really don't have anything against Friday weddings. In fact, in some cases a Friday wedding is a really fantastic option!

I recently stumbled across the Your Heart's Desire blog where wedding planner, Emily Edwards, wrote a great article about Friday weddings. Another great article on the topic comes from the Associated Content website, you can check that one out here.

And besides... because Friday weddings are a little more unusual (and therefore may require some advanced planning on your guests' part) it's a great excuse to send out some fun Save-the-Date cards; like the adorable one pictured below (I know... I'm reaching, I just wanted an excuse to post this picture... I love it).


Sophie
Coverall Event Coordination
.

No comments: