Thursday, September 24, 2009

Manon & Cody - Whimsical Fun

This wedding was particularly important to me because Manon (the bride) is my husband's cousin. So with more than a quarter of the guests in attendance being my own family the pressure was on to get everything perfect.

We started planning this wedding more than a year before the big day. We got a jump on the theme early on. Manon knew that she wanted something fun and whimsical and we incorporated a little bit of fun into every detail.

No wedding comes without it's own set of little hiccups along the way and this wedding was no exception. Everything went relatively smoothly until two weeks before the big day when we learned that our photographer was very ill and would not be able to shoot the wedding (our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends in these difficult times). I began a search for a new photographer but given that it was August and the height of the season finding a shooter who was still available on such short notice was a challenge.
Eventually, I was referred to an up-and-coming photographer in the area who was available on Manon and Cody's wedding day. Melissa Bolton of Precious Moments Photography was a perfect fit for the job; she's young, fun, and full of energy. She shot the day beautifully and Manon and Cody could not have been happier with her work. Here's a little peak at some of her shots from the wedding:


Katie from The Candy Store helped us choose a great assortment of green and purple candies for the candy buffet. If you're planning a candy buffet make sure to drop by The Candy Store; if you think that sampling options for the wedding cake or the dinner menu is fun you have to try some candy taste-testing! The green apple bonbons were a HUGE hit!


This wedding was tons of fun and I was so happy to have been a part of it.
Manon and Cody, I hope you always remember your wedding day as fondly as I will.
xoxoxo

Sophie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woooo thanks for the tip on the Candy Store... I love candy!! I think I'll have to go check it out sooner than later!

Catherine