Friday, February 25, 2011

Wedding Invitations For Under $10? Yes You Can!!!

Hi Everyone,

I haven't written in a very long time... I've been busy with projects galore! Some of these include weddings (of course), my new decorating business Sage Designs as well as a few other things that aren't in the "reveal" stages just yet.

One of the weddings I'm working on is my sister, Natalie's, wedding. This wedding is a special project for me for one because it's my sister's big day but also because it's an experiment in SUPER FRUGAL wedding planning. I'll share some things that we're doing as time goes on but today I wanted to share Nat's very cool (and inexpensive) invitations with you.

<<>> For anyone who may be receiving one of these you may want to wait for the surprise of receiving them in the mail... but it's up to you ;)

I made these samples up today just to get a sense of how much paper I'll need and so on. After finishing the first invite I can tell you that it's going to cost less than $10 to create 20 of these beauties! And we could probably get 30 out of the materials we've got... but we only need 20.

The biggest "investment" on this project was the card stock my mother bought at Dollarama for $2.00 for 50 sheets in 5 different colours. We bought 3 packs for $6.00. The rest of the materials (ink from the printer and labels) cost under $4.00.

The only other thing I needed for these was a free graphic which I found online... and ta da!!! I think the only change we're going to make to the sample below is that we're going to use brown ribbon instead of pink.

Enjoy :)








No comments: