Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolutions For 2010: Less Stuff

I'm not one to make resolutions come New Years. I can't even remember the last time I put a resolution on paper.

This year, I have a few things that I'm really committed to working on for 2010. One of those things is reducing my consumption and my reliance on "stuff". I've already made some big changes to this end but there's always room to do better. For example, I love my Tim Horton's coffees and when I'm on the road all day for meetings and such I'll often buy two or three and I rarely remember to bring my travel mug along. I think I'll start leaving a cup in my car.

My motivation for this resolution came from "The Story of Stuff". It's an enlightening 20-minute film and I hope you'll check it out.



If this film interests you, you may also be interested in the book "Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping" by Judith Levine.

What sorts of resolutions are you making for 2010?

Sophie
Coverall Event Coordination


No comments: