Monday, September 7, 2009

Fun Questions

I hope everyone's enjoying this beautiful Labour Day weekend! I've been doing a bit of camping this weekend myself. This morning I'm sitting here with my cup of coffee (courtesy of my mother's Keurig... I love that little machine!) and everyone else is still fast asleep. I thought that I might like to answer some of those questions that Cindy answered last week. I know that there's at least one person out there reading my blog (I'm talking to you Catherine! ha ha) - so why not.



Tim Hortons or Starbucks?
Tim Hortons for me, thanks! I like a good cup of coffee from Starbucks or Bridgehead as a little treat every now and then. But when I'm on the go (and drinking three or four coffees a day) it's Timmies all the way.


What are you known for?
Being the leader, I think. I was the oldest in a family of six kids and I've spent a good portion of my life in leadership roles. I don't know that anyone actually looks at me as a leader, per se, but I'm often the person that my friends and family will go to for advice or guidance (which is fine some of the time... although I'm not sure that I'm always the best person to be offering advice - yikes). And when it comes to planning our big family get-togethers or outings I think people just naturally look to me to make sure it all kinda comes together.

Yup leadership; leadership... and sarcasm (ha! that might actually be a better one). The sarcasm thing I can't help... after a short stint in the military and then working for a British lawyer it's become sort of natural.


What is your favourite word?
Euphemism. I love this word not because of its definition but because it's the word that made me fall in love with words. I learned it in one of my high school English classes and I remember being so amused by the definition because it suddenly gave a name to something that seems to occur so naturally in conversation; both with sarcastic people, like me, and with people who are just genuinely nice. Either way, the word itself amused me and it created a sudden love of learning and an urge to learn more new words every day. Funny how such little things can have such a big impact on our lives, huh?


If the whole world were listening, what would you say?
Nothing. I think I'd have stage fright... the very thought of it makes me anxious. I'd want to say the same thing along the lines of Cindy's answer... but I'm sure I'd never be able to get the words out.


If one song were to describe your life, what song would it be?
"The Climb" Miley Cyrus. I live for one new challenge after another and I love making my way up toward my current goal. But no matter what trail I'm currently working on I've always got my eye on another mountain that I might like to conquer in the future. It keeps life interesting.


If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
WINNERS!!!


What song best describes you when you first wake up in the morning?
"I'm Walkin' on Sunshine"... whoa! And it's startin' to feel good, hey! (you're singing it too, aren't you?). As soon as the sun peaks through the window I'm up (if I wasn't up already), and that's enough to get me up and going... although, coffee helps too.


What do you love most about weddings?
The speeches! I know, that's the part that so many people dread about weddings. Not me. Whether I'm working for a couple who's only hired me for the wedding day or I'm attending the wedding of a close friend I find that I always learn something special about the couple. I especially love watching a nervous speaker take the podium and, despite their nerves, proceed to make a beautiful toast.




My coffee's done now and people are starting to roll out of their beds so I'm going to finish up. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a fantastic week!



Cheers,


Sophie
Coverall Event Coordination

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophie, I think that all those answers are accurate!! Timmie's is the best, and you are a known leader. You always have been. As a friend I know I can always look to you for advice and knowledge! I wish you much more success is everything that you do. You're a fantastic mother and wedding Coordinator!!

Anonymous said...

I like speeches too!!!!

I'm looking forward to my dad's!! Just because I know how important it is for him, and I know he's going to work on it to make it just perfect!!

Catherine ;o)